Thuiswinkel.org and Blauw Research issued this press release to inform the public that:
- on-line spending of Dutch consumers has increased with 36 % to an amount of € 575 million,
- the number of buyers on the web has increased 24 % to 2,8 million consumers,
- the number of first-time buyers on the web has decreased from 410.000 to 300.000 consumers,
- the average value spent increased from € 188 to € 205, due to higher spending in the travel and consumer electronics segment,
- the travel segment is largest with an on-line turnover of € 235 million,
- promising new segments are: insurances on-line, tickets-online and ordering DVD's and games,
- the expected turnover in 2003 will be € 1,200 million.