is the title of the column of Peter Olsthoorn at the Emerce website. Peter explains that the maximum value of 1,10 euro per Premium SMS remains to be high because of a lack of competition. I've understood his break up of the consumer fee to be like this:
- 36 cent for the telco operator (0,18 cents for transport of SMS and 0,18 cents for provision of payment services),
- 36 cent for the content provider,
- 21 cent for the government (tax),
- 9 cent for the costs of top-up via scratchcards, IVR etc,
- 9 cent for the sms gateway that does service-delivery and billing for the content provider.