The Dutch central bank has made the progress report of the Social Platform on Payment Systems available on its website. The report outlines the following plans:
- solve the availability issues of bank branches in a pragmatic way,
- create a good working group to discuss introduction of EMV,
- further work on fraud issues for false euro-notes,
- steer towards more efficiënt payment instruments on the basis of the outcome of cost-research (to be published in March 2004),
- introduction of the rounding rule (round towards 5 eurocents) provided that enough players agree.