See this report by Innopay, outlining the results of a 2-day conference on ‘Payment innovation beyond SEPA’ (see also this previous post on the statement of the central bank at the conference).
The 9 SEPA essentials are:
1. Planning is on track
2. Evolution or revolution of infrastructures
3. The future of local card schemes
4. Public sector as a partner
5. Communication not only by banks
6. Regulation might not work
7. Legal Framework must stabilise
8. 'War on cash' will intensify
9. Next wave is e-SEPA.